Question: is it true that if a body was beheaded the head could still talk for seconds after its dead

1. It is possible yes – the blood supply to the brain would remain for a few seconds to allow it to function normally. An account of the beheading of the royal Mary Queen of Scots in 1537 claims her lips kept moving after decapitation.

0

2. Chickens can run around after their heads have been cut off and they can still ‘talk’ for a little while afterwards.

0

3. I’ve seen a chicken run around for a few seconds after its head was cut off…
    Gruesome, but as Michael says it is possible for a human brain to function for a few seconds after the head has been cut off – and there have been many accounts through history of the head talking and blinking after beheading…

0

4. Mike the Headless Chicken survived for 18 months after his head was cut off. You can read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

Michael’s mentioned the story about Mary, Queen of Scots. The same story is told about people who were guillotined in the French Revolution but I don’t know if either is true.

0